The Sales Representative (SR) sells the firm’s complete product and service offering to its largest and most strategic prospects. They have a secondary focus of penetrating certain assigned customers with substantial growth opportunity, as assigned by management. The SR closes and implements complex, high-value growth opportunities within a base of named prospects (and/or customers). The SR’s most important means of interacting with customers and prospects is through face-to-face meetings.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Acquires new customers.
- Leads all aspects of the sales process, while calling upon other company sales resources to assist in solution development, proposal delivery, and implementation, as needed or as directed by management.
- Sells the complete offering of company products and services. Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Knowledge of specific vertical markets and internet infrastructure industry. Should have in-depth knowledge of the enterprise market and industries such as healthcare, retail, financial, and manufacturing.
- Assists with new customers’ implementation by directing company implementation resources and by managing customers’ expectations and satisfaction with the implementation.
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Works with Client Services to ensure customer satisfaction and service resolution objectives are met.
- Must be able to maintain organization, creativity, and professionalism in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must have experience with development of proposals and presentations.
- Achieves assigned sales quota.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves new account acquisition targets.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
Requirements & Training
- HIPAA Training (every 2 years)
- Safety Training (upon hire)
- Background Check (before hire and every 3 years)
- OIG/SAM (monthly)
- Drug Screen (before hire)
- Driver’s Check (before hire)
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of sales/marketing strategic planning and campaign delivery.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution recommended.
- Minimum 6 years of outside sales experience in business-to-business sales environment.
- Prior track record of achievement in sales position recommended.
- Good leadership skill and ability to be open-minded.
- PC proficient.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. Must be able to talk and to listen. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Disclaimer: This is not a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.